• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

marlon lum. jon boats how stable are they

#1 User is offline   Strike Zone 

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Member

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hi fellow fly fishers.
I am considering a 10 ft. Marlon alum. jon boat for fly fishing the lakes of BC. I've had a stroke so my balance isn't real good, but I want a boat that will fit in the back of my longbed pickup and still be able to pull my travel trailer at the same time. I also want one that is as light as possible, yet is very stable. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of jon boats or know of any used ones for sale? Thank you.
Strike Zone

#2 User is offline   bassfreak 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Registered Member
  • Interests:0-/____\-o
    (__)

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

From what I have seen, read and heard. They are light, and quite stable. Moreso than the other jon boats that are readily available (i.e. the Lund/Alumacraft/Lowe 1236's.)

The Marlon are rivetted, and they are not of a heavy guage aluminum like the Spratleys. So they may be what you are looking for. The 10' sprately is 150 pounds before adding accessories. The Marlon is 87lbs.

Given the 47" bottom width and 55" in beam, I think you are safe for stability.

Perhaps ask the retailer to drop one in a the closest body of water for you to do a 'tip test'. He should have not problem with it if you are a serious buyer.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Please also read our Privacy Policy.

All views expressed in the posts on these bulletin boards, discussion groups or chat boards are solely the views and opinions of the author of the post, and not those of Fish BC, fishbc.com, Interactive Broadcasting Corporation or it's advertisers, sponsors and suppliers.

Information provided on fishbc.com is provided 'as is' and may contain errors or omissions. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information and services provided. Users should verify all information before acting on it. Use of this information is at your own risk.

Fish BC, fishbc.com, and Interactive Broadcasting Corporation does not officially sanction, and is not responsible or liable for, any group or individual activities or actions that occur outside of the fishbc.com website.

Please read the entire Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy

© 1996-2008 Interactive Broadcasting Corporation. All Rights Reserved.